The arms are the preferred muscles of many of the users who come to weight training rooms. Many of them invest hours and hours a week to train their arms, but they don’t get the results they expect, making them lose motivation and abandon training.
However, with only 10 minutes it is possible to work your arms in an intense and effective way , which will make you leave the gym quickly without having to spend long hours training.
10 minute arm workouts:
1. Dumbbell Biceps Curl:
It is a monoarticular exercise that focuses the work mainly on the biceps. To run it:
• Hold a dumbbell in each hand. The arms should be at the sides of the hips.
• Perform the movement as if it were a hinge, flexing the elbow to raise the dumbbell in one hand to shoulder height.
• Lower yourself to the starting position controlling the movement.
• Alternately raise one arm and the other.
2. Dumbbell French Press:
With this exercise you will intensely work the triceps muscles . This is one of the best exercises for this area of the arm. To run it:
• Lying on a bench, hold a dumbbell in each of your hands. The dumbbells are held in a neutral grip and his arms are extended.
• Only with the movement of the elbow, try to flex the arm to bring the dumbbells to the height of the ears.
• Complete the extension of the arms until they are slightly stretched in the starting position.
3: Standing Military Press:
It is one of the best exercises that work the shoulder muscles. When doing it standing up, we will also be involving the stabilizing muscles of the core, so the benefits are increased. To do it:
• Hold two dumbbells, one in each hand.
• Position your arms so that your elbows form a 90-degree angle and the dumbbells are about level with your ears.
• Extend your arms so the dumbbells rise above your head.
• Go back down to the 90 degree position.
4. Hammer Curls:
In addition to the work of the biceps, with this exercise we add stimulation to the muscles of the forearm . To do it:
• Standing, hold a dumbbell in each of your hands.
• The wrists remain in a neutral position, the fingers of the hand pointing forward and the dumbbells remaining with the arms stretched out to the sides of the hips
• Come up by bending your elbow until you form a 90-degree angle.
• Hold the position for a couple of seconds and return to the starting position to repeat the movement.
5: Dumbbell triceps extension behind the head:
The triceps is a muscle made up of three muscles, which work together in any movement that involves them, but depending on the movements that we demand of them, we can give priority to one or another segment. Specifically with this movement we will make the work fall on the inner part of the arm.
• Sitting, hold a dumbbell with both hands above your head. His elbows are bent and his hands point down.
• Extend your arms and raise the dumbbell above your head.
• Go down to the starting point and repeat.
Arm routine in 10 minutes:
This routine can be done two to three times a week. We recommend that you do it at the end of your workouts, since it would not be a good option to do it at the beginning of the session, since the upper limbs will be fatigued, and they will reduce your ability to lift the other exercises.
Of each exercise you must do 4 series, resting 60 seconds between each one of them.
• Dumbbell Biceps Curl: 12 reps
• Dumbbell French Press: 12 reps
• Military press with dumbbells: 12 reps
• Hammer Curl: 10 reps
• Overhead triceps extension: 10 repetitions.
If you are looking for more intense work for your arms and you don’t know how to do it, try these exercises and the combination that we show you. Your arms will be after 10 minutes as if they had received an hour’s work, since we will reduce the rest causing a greater intensity.