Many pro wrestling fans enjoy hearing rumors about the sport almost as much as they enjoy watching the events themselves. In this daily piece, we look at what the pro wrestling rumor mill is saying about the latest events.
Speculation of the Day:
- WRKD Wrestling says that WWE sees The Judgment Day as “the successor” to The Bloodline “in terms of fan interest and longevity.” Because their parts are popular with watchers, a Twitter account says, “Judgment Day will continue to be at the center of shows in the future.”
- Fightful Select says that AEW had a meeting with its stars before last Saturday’s Collision. The meeting, which was led by CM Punk, was about how Collision is different from Dynamite and how it can stay different: “They talked about what was good for Collision and what wasn’t, like finishes, shenanigans, and other things.”
- It looks like only people on the Collision list were at the meeting. Fightful says that the meeting “didn’t get out to talent who weren’t there or who are usually on Dynamite more than Collision.”
- Logan Paul said on Impaulsive that LA Knight was the other guy he “potentially” could have faced at SummerSlam before WWE chose the Ricochet match.
- WWE has recently registered the names Trey Bearhill, Kiyah Saint, Tyriek Igwe, and Tyson Dupont, in addition to the names Karmen Petrovic and Izzi Dame, which were just made public.
If you’ve heard any interesting stories and want to share them, you can do so in the comments section below. Just remember that they are just stories that haven’t been proven to be true.