What is Mud wrestling?
Mud wrestling is a sport that involves physical fighting in mud or a muddy pit. The less popular modern interpretation specifies that the match can happen while wearing minimal clothing and usually happens while people wrestle barefoot so that an entertaining spectacle takes place.
The following are some ground rules of Mud wrestling:
- No physical violence
- Always make sure you cover your upper chest and shoulders with mud.
- All participants are required to remain on their knees – standing risks injuring other players and minimizes the contact between players while they tackle each other.
- Always have one nominee who can enforce rules and can also eject people for inappropriate actions. Their decision is final and they have the power to push someone off the field of play.
- Tuns of the pool bottom can become infected.
- If your opponent says stop, passes out, or is injured in any way then the round ends immediately.
- It is all about being willing to be silly and enjoy yourself. Don’t take competitive mud wrestling too seriously, as it is meant to be a nice way to spend time with your friends and family.
- Enjoy the squishy feel of mud on your skin.