NXT: Everything You Need To Know
NXT is a global wrestling company that operates under the WWE umbrella. That being said, it has its own distinctive take on the sport of professional wrestling and has found success across the globe with its own unique fan base. However, with just the name “NXT” comes a wealth of information to learn about the company and its performers – where it all started, who is behind it all, and what some of their most popular superstars are like. If you’re interested in watching matches or even getting involved yourself, this article is for you!
What is NXT
NXT is a decentralized platform that allows for the creation of user-generated content, transactions, and contracts. It was created in 2010 by founders Vince McMahon and Triple H. Triple H is credited with steering NXT‘s golden era as he was the founder and executive producer of the brand.
When did the real NXT start?
First, five seasons were broadcast from February 23, 2010, to June 13, 2012. In which the company proposed a hybrid between reality television and WWE‘s scripted live event shows. The assumption of the show followed select talent employed in WWE‘s developmental territory Florida Championship Wrestling.
Facts about NXT
- NXT is a new wrestling promotion founded in 2014 by Vince McMahon and Triple H.
- It is the developmental territory for WWE. The performers are often given a chance to develop their skills on the main roster before being promoted.
- It is considered to be the “flagship” of WWE‘s developmental systems, along with Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW).
Pros and Cons
- NXT is a more advanced, customizable platform than other wrestling software.
- It is open-source and free to use.
- There are many tournament organizers that offer prizing for their tournaments.
- The audience is more engaged and knowledgeable than in other wrestling promotions.
- The matches are shorter than traditional matches and are more action-packed.
- NXT is not as popular as WWE or TNA and therefore may be difficult to find matches to watch.
- There are not as many merchandise options available for the wrestlers.
How to watch the shows?
NXT is a professional wrestling promotion based in Orlando, Florida. It was created in 2012 by WWE as a developmental territory and is the largest independent pro wrestling organization in the world. The promotion has featured performers such as Finn Bálor, Shinsuke Nakamura, Samoa Joe, Bayley, and Asuka.