Many pro wrestling fans enjoy hearing rumors about the sport almost as much as they enjoy watching the events themselves. In this daily column, we look at the latest claims that the pro wrestling rumor mill is making up.
Rumor of the Day:
- Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer reported no major injuries in this year’s Blood and Guts bout, unlike 2021 and 2022.
- Meltzer says that because of the case with MLW, WWE is “very, very wary” and isn’t “actively trying to steal talent” from other wrestling companies.
- According to PW Insider, WWE is “absolutely thrilled” with The Judgment Day’s appearance on NXT because the numbers have been good, and the group is expected to stay on the show for at least the next month.
- Fightful Select says that at one point, Samoa Joe was going to take time off from AEW and ROH to promote Twisted Metal. He wasn’t going to be available for tonight’s Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view show. But Joe’s media appearances had to be delayed because the SAG-AFTRA strike is still going on. So, last week’s plans had to modify to accommodate him for the ROH PPV.
- Meltzer stated that Juice Robinson defeated Bullet Club Gold in the two-out-of-three falls match.
- FTR and Bullet Club Gold on AEW Collision because “they’re protecting Jay [White] for bigger things.”
- WRKD Wrestling says that WWE’s plans for JD McDonagh with The Judgment Day “have been halted for the time being.”