The pro wrestling rumor mill is a popular source of gossip and speculation among many fans. In this column, we’ll try to pin down the latest hazily defined rumors out there to see if they hold up to scrutiny.
None of these rumors have been confirmed as fact and we’ll track Rumor Look Back Weekly to keep you up-to-date on rumors circulating amongst pro wrestling fans.
Rumors for the Day:
- Sasha Banks’s Twitter handle changed from “@SashaBanksWWE” to one with her real name “@MercedesVarnado”. Although it had nothing to do with whether she returns to WWE, some were upset about the change. She still lists “Sasha Banks-WWE” in her bio.
- According to Fightful Select, Saraya’s contract is for three years, of which she’ll likely be wrestling. The money in the contract indicates that she will have a chance to compete in some capacity, although it doesn’t specify what.
- This angle of Triple H telling the financial community that WWE should focus on generating Easter eggs that are popular among hardcores could be a precursor to other angles like the “White Rabbit” one in the near future.
- After missing last weekend’s house shows due to food poisoning, Drew McIntyre is expected to be included in the creative plans for this week’s SmackDown. He’ll also work the live events this weekend.
- Karl Fredericks, a former wrestler with New Japan Pro Wrestling, was at the WWE Performance Center earlier this week according to Insider.