To be a strongman, it is not enough to simply have a big-time squat or deadlift. You are required to possess not only basic resistance training strength, but also power, movement coordination, and many others. Additionally, you may need some training equipment that isn’t as commonplace such as Atlas Stones and yolk training implements. In this blog we will cover the basics of Strongman competitions, what adaptations should be corrected through progressive overload in accordance with your abilities an outline of nutritional recommendations for stronger competitive performances, injury prevention tips, and home strength-training exercises that anyone can do
Example Workout for Home Gym:
- Here are a few exercises that can be done from home:
- Walking under heavy loads/grip strength can be better when using Farmer’s Carry w/QLDB and fat grips.
- QL Straight Bar Farmer’s Carry
- A new variation of the clean and press that uses a QDB and fat grips to mimic Circus DB’s.
- Train your squats with a deeper front load
- Learn how to walk squats with a barbell
- Pause reps and deadlifts are a great way to build muscle
- Atlas Stones – the best way
- Heavy Zercher’s Squats w/IM OB 86 (Barbell front-loaded similar to Atlas Stone)
- QL DB’s Clean and Press (mimic Log Press)
- Push/Pull Exercise For Powerful Power!
Day 1: Lower Body
- Perform 5 sets of 2-8 reps pyramid up to a heavy top set.
- When taking your heavy squats, make sure you are extra
- What muscles are involved in my DB Walking Lunges?
- Learn what Zercher Squats are on IM2000
Day 2: Chest & Shoulders
- With some traffic, this natural process allows for minor tweaks in the website in an effort to improve user experience.
- How to do a DB Press.
- The benefits of overhead DB tricep extensions.
- Learn how to perform the strongest and most complex exercise.
Day 3: Back/Posterior Chain
- Deadlifts Pyramid up in Weight For Bigger Gains
- Workout Routine Using 100% Heavy Weight For Fitness
- How to do heavy seated rows on IM2000
- Routine for stronger back muscles
- Exercises for Your Back and Biceps
Day 4: Strongman Event Training
- Three rounds as many reps in 60 seconds.
- Farmer’s Carry Circuit.
- 3 rounds of log presses in 60 seconds.
- Marianne Sy puts a time-stamped snapshot of her progress.
- What sled pull does for your back.
- How Keg Toss Helps You Get Stronger.
Day 5 – Rest
Day 6 – Cardio & Core 60 mins
Day 7 – Rest
Periodically increase the weight on the bar by 5-10% every week. We hope this blog helps guide your journey into Strongman training. Whether you are looking to become a competitive athlete, or just looking to be a weekend warrior.