Dalip Singh Rana
The Great KhaliOK
August 27, 1972
Place of birth:
Dhiraina, Himachal Pradesh, India
7 feet 1 inch (216 cm)
Approximately 347 pounds (157.4 kg)
Year and event where the wrestler made their professional wrestling debut: The Great Khali made his professional wrestling debut in 2000.
WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)
Highlight the major championships, titles, and accolades the wrestler has won throughout their career:
- WWE World Heavyweight Championship
- WWE World Tag Team Championship (with Ranjin Singh)
- WWE Hall of Fame (Class of 2021)
- Khali Vice Grip: A nerve hold applied to the opponent’s head and neck.
- Brain Chop: A powerful overhead strike with the hand to the opponent’s head.
The Great Khali is known for his imposing size and strength. He employs a power-based wrestling style, focusing on his immense physical advantages to dominate his opponents.
The Great Khali had memorable rivalries with wrestlers such as The Undertaker and John Cena during his WWE tenure.
- Advertisement -
- Khali’s surprise debut in WWE in 2006 when he attacked The Undertaker.
- His participation in the Punjabi Prison Match against Batista at the 2007 Great American Bash.
Legacy and Impact:
The Great Khali made a significant impact by introducing Indian wrestling talent to a global audience and became an ambassador for WWE in India. He helped increase WWE’s popularity in the country and inspired many Indian wrestlers to pursue professional wrestling careers.
The Great Khali has kept much of his personal life private. However, he has been involved in charity work, particularly for his hometown in Himachal Pradesh, India.
- Before entering professional wrestling, Dalip Singh Rana was a police officer in Punjab, India.
- He appeared in several Bollywood movies.
Social Media Presence:
The Great Khali does not have official social media profiles.
Net worth in 2023:
The Great Khali’s net worth was estimated to be around $6 million.