About UFC 297
UFC 279: Diaz vs. Ferguson was an MMA event that took place on September 10, 2022 at T-Mobile Arena in Paradise, Nevada, part of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Area.
UFC 297 Results
|Welterweight||Nate Diaz||def.||Tony Ferguson||Submission (guillotine choke)||4||2:52|
|Catchweight (180 lb)||Khamzat Chimaev||def.||Kevin Holland||Submission (D’Arce choke)||1||2:13|
|Catchweight (180 lb)||Daniel Rodriguez||def.||Li Jingliang||Decision (split) (29–28, 28–29, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Catchweight (140 lb)||Irene Aldana||def.||Macy Chiasson||KO (upkick to the body)||3||2:21|
|Light Heavyweight||Johnny Walker||def.||Ion Cuțelaba||Submission (rear-naked choke)||1||4:37|
|Preliminary card (ESPN / ESPN+)|
|Catchweight (149.5 lb)||Julian Erosa||def.||Hakeem Dawodu||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Catchweight (220 lb)||Jailton Almeida||def.||Anton Turkalj||Submission (rear-naked choke)||1||4:27|
|Middleweight||Denis Tiuliulin||def.||Jamie Pickett||TKO (knee and punches)||2||4:52||[a]|
|Catchweight (267.5 lb)||Chris Barnett||def.||Jake Collier||TKO (punches)||2||2:24|
|Early preliminary card (ESPN / ESPN+ / UFC Fight Pass)|
|Women’s Featherweight||Norma Dumont||def.||Danyelle Wolf||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–26)||3||5:00|
|Bantamweight||Alateng Heili||def.||Chad Anheliger||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Women’s Strawweight||Elise Reed||def.||Melissa Martinez||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Yohan Lainesse||def.||Darian Weeks||Decision (split) (29–28, 28–29, 29–28)||3||5:00|
Nate Diaz defeated Tony Ferguson with a guillotine choke in the short main event of UFC 279 on Saturday in Las Vegas. The finish occurred after Ferguson attempted a takedown, then accidentally released his hold against his opponent’s head while he was falling backward.
Diaz snapped a two-fight losing streak with the victory. With his win, it was the final bout of his UFC contract.
When asked by Joe Rogan about his future plans, he said it would not involve UFC. It could involve a switch to another sport like boxing.
“There’s a love hate relationship with the UFC. But at the end of the day, I love the UFC,” he said. “I want to get out of the UFC for a minute and show all these UFC fighters how to own another sport … I’m going to take over another profession and be the best at that.”
When is UFC 279
- Date: Saturday, Sept. 10
- Start time: 6:15 p.m. ET | 11:15 PM BST | 8 a.m. AEST
- Prelims: 8 p.m. ET | 1 a.m. BST | 10 a.m. AEST
- Main card: 10 p.m. ET | 3 a.m. BST | 12 p.m. AEST
- Main event: 12:15 a.m. ET | 5:15 a.m. BST | 2:15 p.m. AEST (Approximately)
How to watch UFC 279
UFC 279 is being streamed on the ESPN+ subscription service for a pay-per-view cost.
Nate Diaz vs. Tony Ferguson price: How much does UFC 279 cost?
(current ESPN+ subscribers)
UFC 279, the main event for UFC‘s pay-per-view production is currently available on ESPN+, which requires an annual subscription. This PPV price of $74.99 will be available to current subscribers with a new price of $99.98, where customers can also get their ESPN+ annual subscription. The 30% cost savings makes this bundle worth it without sacrificing quality of service.
Where is UFC 279?
How much do tickets cost for UFC 279: Nate Diaz vs. Tony Ferguson?
Tickets range from $200, $300, $400, $500, $600, $700, $800, $900, $1,000, $2,000, $3,000, $4,000, $5,000, $6,000, $8,000, $9,000 and $11,770.
Nate Diaz record, bio
- Nationality: American
- Born: April 16, 1985
- Height: 6-0
- Reach: 76 inches
- Total fights: 33
- Record: 20-13 with five wins via knockout
Tony Ferguson record, bio
- Nationality: American
- Born: February 12, 1984
- Height: 6-0
- Reach: 76.5 inches
- Total fights: 32
- Record: 25-7 with 12 wins via knockout
UFC 279 fight card
- Nate Diaz vs. Tony Ferguson
- Khamzat Chimaev vs. Kevin Holland
- Li Jingliang vs. Daniel Rodriguez
- Irene Aldana vs. Macy Chiasson; Bantamweights
- Johnny Walker vs. Ion Cutelaba; Light Heavyweights
- Hakeem Dawodu vs. Julian Erosa; Featherweights
- Jailton Almeida vs. Anton Turkalj; Catchweight
- Denis Tiuliulin vs. Jamie Pickett; Middleweights
- Jake Collier vs. Chris Barnett; Heavyweights
FIGHT PASS Prelims
- Norma Dumont vs. Danyelle Wolf; Featherweights
- Chad Anheliger vs. Alateng Heili; Bantamweights
- Elise Reed vs. Melissa Martinez; Strawweights
- Darian Weeks vs. Yohan Lainesse; Welterweights