Many pro wrestling fans enjoy hearing rumors about the sport almost as much as they enjoy watching the events themselves. In this daily column, we look at the latest claims that the pro wrestling rumor mill is making up.
Rumors of the day
- Dave Meltzer heard on Wrestling Observer Radio that Brock Lesnar “will be gone for a while, but not for a long while” after SummerSlam. Even so, he is currently being promoted for Payback on September 2.
- Meltzer also said that Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler had disagreements with WWE’s creative team about how the MMA Rules match at SummerSlam should be run.
- When Fightful Select asked sources about Roman Reigns losing the WWE Universal title, they said it would happen when Reigns and Paul Heyman say it will. It looks like the two will have a lot to do with the choice to end his rule, with the goal of making someone very important when it does.
- Fightful also says that Iyo Sky’s choice to cash in her Money in the Bank contract wasn’t made at the last minute, though it’s not clear when the decision was made for her to win the title at SummerSlam.
- WrestleVotes says that Logan Paul and Ricochet worked out together at the WWE Performance Center on August 1 to get ready for their SummerSlam fight.
- PW Insider says that Endeavor and WWE’s broadcast partners asked Michael Cole to commentate on both Raw and SmackDown because they want him to be “the face of the product going forward.”
According to the Wrestling Observer, Pac is hurt. It’s not clear what exactly is wrong with him, but it’s likely that he’ll be out for a long time.